9:00AM - 4:50PM (tickets sold until 4:30PM)
- Some of the animals will be returned to their housing from around 4:00PM and cannot be seen after that.
- When a Monday falls on a holiday, the following weekday will be closed instead. Year end period (Dec. 29 - Jan. 1)
Year end period (Dec. 29 - Jan. 1)
(high school students and up)
- 500 yen
- Groups of 30 or more
- 450 yen
- Groups of 100 or more
- 400 yen
- Yearly passport
- 2,000 yen
- Garden and Sky Tower Ticket
- 640 yen
- Middle school students and younger are free.
- If entering with the group rate please fill out the entry form at the ticket window when you arrive.
- The yearly passport is valid for a period of 1 year from a starting date which you can select at the time of purchase (within 3 months from the date of purchase), and starting from the 2nd use you will be required to affix a photo of your face to it.
- 1,600 cars
Ordinary cars: 800 yen per use
Large-sized cars: 2,000 yen per use
Motorcycles/motor scooters: 400 yen per use
- 300 yen
- Main entrance information desk (weekends and holidays only),
North entrance information desk
- Hours: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (please return the stroller by 4:50PM)
- All entrances
- There are limited numbers of wheelchairs so advance reservations are accepted.
- Depends on size
- Main entrance, north entrance
- Storage hours
- 9:00AM - 4:30PM
Requests to Visitors
Behavior which may bother other guests or negatively affect the displayed animals is not allowed within the facilities.
Please follow the rules below to ensure that all visitors can enjoy themselves.
- The following items cannot be brought inside.
- Things which may bother other guests
- Bicycles, three-wheeled vehicles and other self-propelled vehicles
- Setting up items such as desks, tents, parasols, and stepladders and monopolizing space with them
- Items that are liable to interfere with the management of the animals
- Balloons, kites, and other items which could enter the animal exhibition areas
- Pets such as dogs and cats (except seeing eye dogs and service dogs)
Other things deemed to impede the facility administration
- Vehicles other than strollers and wheelchairs cannot be used (including kickboards, skateboards, roller shoes, ridable toys for children, etc.).
- Playing with balls, badminton and other racket games, Frisbees, jump ropes, blowing bubbles, water guns, radio-controlled models, drones, etc. is not allowed.
- Things that make loud noises cannot be used.
- Things that emit bright lights cannot be used.
- Catching insects and collecting plants is not allowed.
- The use of fire is not allowed.
- Please do not feed or alarm the animals.
- Please refrain from photography which causes other guests inconvenience and public broadcasting.
- Please do not enter fences or other areas where entry is prohibited.
- Please do not smoke outside of designated areas. (All indoor areas are smoke-free)
- Eating and drinking is prohibited in some places, so please follow information signs within the facilities.
- We cannot make announcements to other guests for meeting times and places, etc.
- Please take your trash back with you.
- Guests who fail to follow the rules may be refused entry.
- All other behavior which is deemed liable to obstruct the facility management and administration is prohibited.
- 3 minute walk from Exit No. 3 at "Higashiyama Koen" station on the Higashiyama subway line
7 minute walk from Exit No. 6 at "Hoshigaoka" station on the Higashiyama subway line (Hoshigaoka station is convenient for accessing the botanical garden)
- About 15 minutes west on Prefectural Route 60 from the Tomei Expressway Nagoya Interchange
- About 10 minutes west on Prefectural Route 60 from the Meinikan (Higashi-Meihan) Kamiyashiro interchange
- About 10 minutes east on the local roads from the Nagoya Expressway Yotsuya exit
- Because traffic is congested and parking spaces are limited, please use public transportation.
Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens
3-70 Higashiyama Motomachi, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-0804